National Walk Safely to School Day is an annual event when all Primary School children are encouraged to walk/ride and commute safely to school. It is a Community event seeking to promote road safety, health, public transport and the environment.
Bannister Creek Primary School will participate in the Walk/Ride to School Day on Friday 26th May.
We aim to:
- encourage parents to walk to school with children and reinforce safe pedestrian behaviour
- promote the health benefits of walking
- reduce car dependence habits that are being created at an early age
- reduce the level of traffic congestion
- promote cleaner and better air quality.
- reduce the level of air pollution created by motor vehicles
There will be stickers and fruit for children who walk or ride to school and a special treat for the class that has the highest percentage of children walking/riding.
Parents are encouraged to liaise with neighbours to form a walking bus and enjoy a social walk to school. Everyone is encouraged to walk or ride all or part of the way to school, so start planning now!