Our new 2017-2019 Business Plan in now online.
We have raised $9777.00 – an amazing effort! Thank you to everyone who supported our school! It doesn’t matter how much you raised, $1 or $1000, you are all winners and have helped us purchase laptop headphones for Years 4 to 6, robotic devices for the school and to complete Stage 2 of our Junior Nature Play Area. A fantastic bonus for our school! At the next assembly, Wednesday 26th July, students who ran the most laps will be recognised and incentive prizes will be presented to the highest fundraisers.
Next week promises a fitting end to what has been a busy and productive Term.
- Student Semester One reports will be sent home on Tuesday 27th June.
- On Wednesday, Room 11 will host our NAIDOC assembly followed by all classes planting native plants in the Moort Boodja (Family Garden), Noongar Seasons Trail.
- On Thursday, all students in Years 1 to 6 who have strived for their best and followed our Code of Conduct will be rewarded with a tabloid, multi aged group Maths activity session.
- We will end the term with a Fun Friday Wacky Hair Day, a Student Councillor charity fundraiser.
Please note that Term 3 commences on Tuesday 18th July.
Our goal was to raise $8,000 and to date we have raised $9000.00 – an amazing effort! Thank you to everyone who supported our school! It doesn’t matter how much you raised, $1 or $1000, you are all winners and have helped us purchase laptop headphones for Years 4 to 6, robotic devices for the school and to complete Stage 2 of our Junior Nature Play Area. A fantastic bonus for our school!
At the first assembly in Term 3, Wednesday 26th July, students who ran the most laps will be recognised and incentive prizes will be presented to the highest fundraisers.
Naming our Faction Survey:
Thank you to the 24 parents who responded to our survey. All Year 3 to 6 students were also surveyed. 52% of parents and 68% of students voted for the River names option:
Green – Swan
Red – Canning
Blue – Bickley
Gold – Avon
Our School Board has unanimously endorsed the names and directed that they will be introduced in 2018 to celebrate the School’s 10th anniversary.
National Walk Safely to School Day is an annual event when all Primary School children are encouraged to walk/ride and commute safely to school. It is a Community event seeking to promote road safety, health, public transport and the environment.
Bannister Creek Primary School will participate in the Walk/Ride to School Day on Friday 26th May.
We aim to:
- encourage parents to walk to school with children and reinforce safe pedestrian behaviour
- promote the health benefits of walking
- reduce car dependence habits that are being created at an early age
- reduce the level of traffic congestion
- promote cleaner and better air quality.
- reduce the level of air pollution created by motor vehicles
There will be stickers and fruit for children who walk or ride to school and a special treat for the class that has the highest percentage of children walking/riding.
Parents are encouraged to liaise with neighbours to form a walking bus and enjoy a social walk to school. Everyone is encouraged to walk or ride all or part of the way to school, so start planning now!
The 2016 School Report has been endorsed by our School Board. Please click here to download.
Early Close Tuesday, April 4th
We encourage all parents to take this opportunity to meet with teachers for an update on their child’s progress and start to the school year. Students will be released at 11:30am on this day, so teachers can conduct interviews commencing at 12pm and concluding at 5pm. We request parents book an interview time with class and specialist teachers, by entering their name in an available timeslot on the sign-up sheets that are located outside classrooms, by emailing, phoning the school office or sending a booking request through Skoolbag online. A flyer detailing Skoolbag installation instructions is available from the front office.
Children who are unable to be collected at 11:30am will be supervised by staff until 2:45pm. If your child/children will be remaining at school after 11:30am, please complete the return slip in this week’s newsletter, see page 8.
Our onsite out of school care provider, Helping Hands, will be operating from 11:30am, providing activities for children enrolled in their program. They will also provide a free tea and coffee service from the Canteen for parents who are waiting for interviews. All interviews will be held in classrooms or specialist areas and timed for 12 minute discussion time, with 3 minute changeovers. If parents are unable to attend this session, or more in-depth discussion is required, an alternative meeting date needs to be arranged with teachers.
On Monday 13th March, the new P&C Committee held its first official meeting. 2017 is going to be a busy year within the school community and we ask for your support to raise money for the school. As a committee, we agreed to approve funds for:
- Protective Behaviours story books valued at $500
- 20 sets of 8 Guided Readers to support STEM Year 3/4 valued at $1400
- Macmillian History e-books and teachers manuals Year 5/6 valued at $1100
- Skoolbag annual subscription valued at $600
ELECTION DAY FUNDRAISER
On Saturday 11th March, the P&C held a sausage sizzle & cake stall. I would like to personally thank all the volunteers for their support and for giving up their time to help. I would also like to thank all the people in the school community for their kind donations. We raised over $1500, HOORAY and THANK YOU!!!
Thank you to the families who completed the P&C surveys. The results are as follows:
- 90% want to see additional healthier options on the canteen menu. They would also like a more condensed and easier layout to read.
- 80% want more family involved fundraisers
- 40% want to see the nature playground in the early learning area to be completed, so the Kindergarten to Year 2 students can enjoy it in 2018.
- 20% asked for an undercover area for kiss and drive.
- 20% asked for shade sails and more benches for children to sit on at recess and lunch.
- 10% asked for more sports equipment (e.g. soccer goals on the oval).
- 20% asked for art and craft fundraisers (things the students have made that families and extended families can buy).
- 5% asked for additional funding for educational programmes.
- 5% asked for additional support for the Year 6 Graduation events.
I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete the survey, as a committee it has given us great feedback and we will definitely take these wonderful suggestions on board.
UPCOMING EVENTS SAVE THE DATE!!!
- Maggie Dent Parent Seminar: Real Kids in an Unreal World. Tuesday 4th April.
- Easter raffle tickets due are Wednesday 5th April and will be drawn Friday 7th April.
- Family Movie Night. Friday 28th April (details to follow).
- School Banking New Account Drive. Thursday 30th March for students who would like to open a new account.
School Banking commenced on Thursday 16th March with great success. The New Account Drive, for the students to open a new account will take place on Thursday 30th March. There will be some special guests from the School Banking team visiting our assembly on Wednesday 29th March. Please support our fundraisers, so we can attend to your requests and make the school more fabulous.
Monday 24th April, commencing at 7:30pm in the Staffroom.
Every morning, two special Easter Bunny Helpers visit each class to collect Easter eggs, baskets and other Easter themed donations. Please send your donation to school by Tuesday 4th April. All donations will be greatly appreciated. Five tickets will be sent home with each child, the tickets are $1 each. To be in the running to win a great prize, please return your tickets and money to the P&C box in the front office by Wednesday 5th April. Please ensure each ticket is clearly marked with your name and phone number or your child’s name and room number. The raffle will be drawn on Friday 7th April.
Thank you to all my wonderful volunteers this fortnight: Kirby, Sara, Vanessa, Jodie, Ros, Shanti, Ossy and Kerry. New volunteers are always welcome, if you are able to help out please come and see me in the canteen.
There will be no end of term treat this term, our last canteen day will be Wednesday April 5th, with the normal Wednesday menu items available. A copy of the new Winter menu will be given out during last week of term. The Canteen will be open Monday, Wednesday & Friday next term and everyone is welcome to order from the canteen, including Kindy and Pre-Primary students.
If you prefer not to send money to school with your children, you are able to order online.
Thank you for your support,
Georgina, Canteen Manager
The 2016 Parent School Satisfaction Survey has been published on our website. Please click here to follow the link to our Policy, Plans and Reports page.