Our modern buildings, including open-plan classrooms, five early childhood classrooms, a contemporary library resource centre, a specialist Science Room, Music Room and a fully enclosed undercover area will ensure that we are well equipped to meet the challenges of education in the 21st century.
The four Learning Blocks at Bannister Creek Primary are named after local water birds.
- Egret Block (K, PP and Year One)
- Heron Block (Years Two and Three)
- Ibis Block (Years Three, Four and Five)
- Spoonbill Block (Years Five and Six) and Science Room
In addition to the main learning clusters are the following structures:
- Enclosed Undercover Area with music room, physical education store with canteen
- Library Resource Centre
- Four transportable classrooms, one of which is used to teach Chinese Language and Culture
- Administration Block including Staff Room, Conference Room and Reception
The grounds include basketball/tennis courts, cricket nets, playgrounds and oval.
In 2012 our school was chosen as one of five schools in the State to build a Sustainable Garden as part of the “Greenfingers” television show. This week long adventure resulted in a fantastic garden with over fifty fruit trees planted; four raised herb beds full of a variety of usable herbs; six raised vegetable beds; four one thousand litre aquaponics/hydroponics systems with Silver Perch, Trout and Yabbies in the tanks and strawberries, lettuce and chives in the beds; A greenhouse, shed and water tank; a worm farm and compost bin and a chicken coup and run with six chickens all of which are laying eggs. The majority of the produce harvested from this garden has been used in our school canteen.